Via Ferrata Gauablick Cave
Show all 5 images
Climbing or cave tour? The via ferrata Gauablickhöhle offers the ideal 2-in-1 solution. The moderately difficult via ferrata on the north side of the Sulzfluh has a special highlight: In the middle of the via ferrata you dive into the world of cave researchers in the 350 m long Gauablickhöhle. Back in the daylight it goes with steeper, bracket-rich and easier passages to the exit.
The first meters of altitude are quickly overcome over well-secured plates (A/B). Warming up, it goes over a short, steeper pillar (B) into the cross passage (A), which already leads to the cave entrance. The highlight of the route is imminent: the Gauablick cave is waiting to be explored. Don't forget to turn on your headlamp, because it gets pitch dark. The cave is secured along its entire length. Back in the daylight, a small bench on the right side invites you to pause and enjoy the view. On the left side, a short crossing leads into the second racy via ferrata section. Soon you reach the key point of this Via Ferrata - a small overhang (C). Immediately above it, the emergency exit (blue-white-blue path) takes place on the left. But the last section attracts with via ferrata technically beautiful climbing. Over ramps and steeper steps with many brackets, the route climbs vertically up to the exit.
Ascent (all access routes are marked mountain trails):
- from St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) via Partnunsee through the Gemstobel, then through Im Rachen about 4.5 hours.
- from Carschinahütte through the Gemstobel, then through Im Rachen about 3 hours.
- from Tilisunahütte over the Karrenfelder, then through Im Rachen about 2 hours.
TIP: Summiteers can make a detour to the Sulzfluh on the ascent above the Gemstobel (approx. 20 minutes, 117 metres in altitude, 2817 m above sea level).
Descent (descent via the Sulzfluh cave trail - alpine hiking trail)
- over the Karrenfelder via the Sulzfluh-Höhenweg (to St. Antönien Garstett about 2 hours.
The following descent routes are marked mountain hiking trails (red-white):
- the Karrenfelder via Grüenfürggli to St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) about 2.5 hours. via the
- Karrenfelder to the Tilisunahütte, via the Tilisunafürggli to St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) about 2.5 hours.
- through Gemstobel via Partnunsee to St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) about 2.5 hours.
In the midst of the impressive mountain scenery of the Sulzfluh-Schijenflue, a jump into Lake Partnuner refreshes after this long tour.
For additional climbing time, experienced via ferrata walkers with good physical condition can combine with the other via ferratas of the Sulzfluh (<a href="https://www.praettigau.info/Aktivitaeten/Sommer/Klettern/Klettersteige/Klettersteig-Partnunblick" target="_blank"> via ferrata Partnunblick, Family via ferrata Partnunblick ).
- We generally recommend hiring a patented mountain guide for the ascent. All accesses lead via marked hiking trails.
- Walk the via ferrata only with the necessary experience
- For a safe ascent, good physical condition, sure-footedness and a head for heights are a prerequisite.
- An appropriate equipment is mandatory. Rope harness, via ferrata set, helmet, good footwear, suitable clothing and gloves are essential. In addition, a headlamp is required for this route (350 m long cave).
- Entry only in constant weather. In thunderstorms, the ascent of the via ferrata is life-threatening.
- Do not trigger a rockfall. Respect flora and fauna. Do not leave any waste.
- Each inspection is at your own risk.
An appropriate equipment is mandatory. Rope harness, via ferrata set, rockfall helmet, good footwear, suitable clothing and gloves are essential. In addition, a headlamp is required for this route (350 m long cave).
When equipping, care must be taken to ensure that the via ferrata set and harness are suitable for the weight of the child. Always secure the child in case of uncertainty.
St. Antönien Garstett (P6) / St. Antönien Sagaris (Postbus stop) - Partnun - Gruoben - Gemschtobel - Sulzfluh - Im Rachen - Auf den Bänken - Via ferrata - Karrenfeld - past the caves (Abgrundhöli, Chlichhöli, Seehöli) - Gruoben - PArtnunsee - Partnun - St. Antönien Garstett (P6) / St. Antönien Sagaris (Postbus stop)
Take the Rhaetian Railway to Schiers or Küblis and the post bus to St. Antönien. Some of the courses go to the Sagaris stop, the remaining courses to St. Antönien Platz (village). From St. Antönien Sagaris you can use the Bus alpin (reservation required) to the Berghaus Alpenrösli (minus 0.5 hours walking time).
Motorway A13 to Landquart. Take exit 14 and take the national road N28 towards Landquart, Davos, Vereina. Leave the national road in Küblis in the direction of St. Antönien, Küblis. Now follow the mountain road to St. Antönien, then drive towards Partnun until you reach car park 6 Garstett.
From car park 6 you can use the bus alpin (reservation required) to the Berghaus Alpenrösli (minus 0.5 hours walking time).
In St. Antönien all parking spaces are subject to a charge. In the parking lots you can pay with cash, Parkingpay app, Easy-Park or Twint. The last parking lot P6 with day ticket is located below partnunstafel, about 3.5 km outside of St. Antönien. The parking lot below the mountain houses is reserved for house guests.
Responsible for this content Prättigau Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.